Friday, May 30, 2014

Last day at Coder Camps

It had to happen; today is my last day at Coder Camps. Yesterday I gave a hand-off presentation to the next troop that will be taking over work on the App we worked on during the group project phase. Today I demo the App to the rest of the school.

I also added a new portfolio project yesterday - Conway's Game of Life. You can see my whole portfolio here.

My time is divided into three areas - looking for work, working on my portfolio, and learning new skills. The next few days will be a break from that routine as I drive back across the country from Texas back home to Washington.

Coder Camps was an amazing experience that taught me a great deal about web development, equipped me with the knowledge to use today's most in-demand technologies, and gave me the opportunity to work on real world projects in a team environment. Importantly, Coder Camps also gave me a solid foundation on which I can continue to build.

The Coder Camps experience isn't about copying code, or just following a template. Its about mastering the basics, then learning by doing, thinking, planning, testing, and doing some more! Now, if I want to learn a new framework like knockoutJS I've got the confidence and know-how to just dive into the documentation and figure it out. Thanks Coder Camps!

No comments:

Post a Comment